Peppermint Spa, Mindanao Ave., Quezon City - Swedish Massage



 Hello readers! I'm bored. :3
This is my first post. Yay!


It's January and it's so cold. I've been having shoulder and back pains so I knew I needed a massage. I don't have Monday and Friday classes this semester so I decided to try a massage and/or spa every Monday or Friday. I went to Peppermint Spa last Monday, January 5, 2015. 

Credits to Google Maps

Peppermint Spa is located along Mindanao Ave., Quezon City. It is right above Goldilocks near corner Mindanao Ave. and Tandang Sora Ave.


Credits to Whoever Owns this picture :)

Above shows the some of the inside of Peppermint Spa like the sign, lighting, and bed. When you first enter Peppermint Spa, you will immediately smell the strong mint aroma within the place. I liked this but I don't know why it sting my eyes at first, but eventually my eyes got used to it.

I tried their Swedish Massage which costs Php350 for 1 hour. There are other services to choose from. The receptionist asked me if I liked stretching or relaxing. I answered relaxing and that's why she recommended Swedish massage.

A little knowledge about Swedish Massage that I got from the Internet. Swedish Massage is a technique wherein the therapist lubricates the skin with massage oil and performs various massage strokes. These movements warm up the muscle tissue, releasing tension and gradually breaking up muscle "knots" or adhered tissues, called adhesions. Swedish Massage is exceptionally beneficial for increasing the level of oxygen in the blood, decreasing muscle toxins, improving circulation and flexibility while easing tension.

Back to Peppermint Spa, before you go to the massage bed, your feet will be cleaned in warm water by the therapist in the lobby. Your footwear will be kept somewhere and you will use the given pair of slippers. Then you will go to the massage area where there is relaxing music and dim lights. In Swedish Massage, you will only be given shorts to wear and you will lie face down on the bed. The therapist will finally enter the massage bed area when you say you're ready and the relaxing massage begins!

I liked it! There is a little stretching 'cause the therapist asked me if I wanted a combination and I said yes. Even though I didn't tell the therapist beforehand that my right shoulder hurts, she figured it out. She told me that the nodules or "lamig" on my back rose up to my shoulder, and that's why it hurts. She recommended me to try Hot Stone Massage or Ventosa Massage (which are also available in Peppermint Spa for Php600 each) next time.

After the massage, you will be asked if you want to drink want hot tea or warm water. I chose tea. I drunk the tea in the lobby where I found my shoes already there. The tea was beside a tip envelope and rolled towel. I paid in the counter before leaving.

Overall, I felt relaxed, but unfortunately, my shoulder pain didn't go away. I think I need to try more than a relaxing massage next time. I would recommend it though, to those who want a relaxing massage! :)

Feeling stressed? Try it.


*Update: I have a second post about Peppermint Spa, check it out here



Blog: 













0 comments:

Post a Comment